Sunday, January 3, 2010

This morning's ride

In an effort to teach myself to post on a "regular" basis - in other words, more than once every Blue Moon (one this month as it happens) I'm going to post photos that I take when I'm riding.

First, the excuses: I'm no Ansel Adams and I'm only carrying a cheap "point & shoot" camera - please remember I'm riding a bike, not driving a car, i.e.: not much luggage space. Hopefully, my work will get better over time!

I'm going to TRY to include a bike in each photo, so of to prove the pic was taken on a ride, but from time to time this won't be possible. And where I can I'll include a map or geotags. It's not going to b a daily thing - some days I'll forget to take the camera (hey, it happens), some days nothing will catch my eye, and on some days I'll be pounding as hard as I can to keep up with the bunch I'm riding with, so that will probably mean photos of cyclists drinking coffee at the end of their ride.

More importantly, my aim is to try to capture something about the ride that meant something, or just shows how beautiful the world can be at 7:15 in the morning. Hopefully this means there won't be endless shots of Beach Rd.

So, I'm kicking it off with Friday's ride, my first for 2010 (sort of obvious as it was 1 Jan). The photo was taken at Pat Morton Lookout, just south of Lennox Head.


No comments:

Post a Comment