Monday, February 1, 2010

A few days off the keyboard

Yes, I've had a few days off the keyboard, but not off the bike.

It was a great week on the pedals last week - I ticked the front climb, up the switchback road, of Arthur's Seat off my "to do hill rides" list. Now I've go to go back and do it another 3 or 4 times (to learn the climb) and then do it against the clock.

Good easy Aussie Day ride with a mate. We sort of did a 50 something kilometre inner city cruise.

Wednesday morning I slept in (shock!) but did a great indoor ergo trainer session Wednesday night at Ridewiser, Thursday was an easy Beach Rd session then a brilliant massage Thursday night.

Friday is my current day off - and I needed it.

Saturday was a HUGE session up in the hills around Eltham. It might have only been 80k but we climbed 1,300m and most of it was STEEP (check out the route & profile here); and Sunday morning I did a crit racing skill session, although I decided not to race - mainly because of the howling Northerly: it wasn't a day to be dropped on the back straight.

Total distance for the week was 340k, which i'm happy with, but I'd like to be doing closer to 400.

Happy riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment