Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Here goes ...

OK, it's the middle of January and I'm still on holidays (or vacation for anyone in North America). I've manage to arrange 5 weeks of doing nothing - and I'm loving every minute of it. 

We're in Byron Bay,  which I think is one of the most beautiful places I've been to, and I've done some travelling in my time. Amazing beaches, great town, good restaurants & pubs, lots of eye candy - it's part of the backpacker trail - and some great cycling (if you like steep hills). 

I've been promising myself that I'd start a blog for a couple of months, and with another 10 days or so before I get back to the office I've got some time on my hands, so there is no point putting off until next week what I could start today!

If you've managed to get this far (thank you!) you might want to know a bit about me and what I want this blog to be about.

I'm 46, live in Melbourne - the one in Australia, not Florida, look it up on Google Maps- I'm married to Sarah (13 years this month) and we have three handsome sons - Josh (11), Ari (9) and Sacha (7). 

This blog is going to be about me and my adventures on two wheels, although I'm sure the odd cute picture or funny saying from the boys will make it into print as well.

I've been an exercise cyclist (not a transport cyclist) since my early 20's. Never been all that fast, love watching cycle racing, but not into participating (although that may change), just one of those guys you see on a Saturday or Sunday, in Lycra, sweating up & down the road and looking a little like they're trying to regain their lost youth.

I've started on a quest to improve my riding a couple of months ago - back in about September - so I want to record where I get to and how I get there. I suppose this blog is as much for me as it is for everyone (anyone?) that reads it.

My next couple of posts will be about the riding I've done in the past, the bikes I ride, my current goal (Mt Ventoux in France) and how I plan to get there - the training, not the flight.

I'm hoping that as I post a a few more times, and my creative juices get flowing, that this will become a sort of "Fear & Loathing in the Saddle" but perhaps with a few less drugs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment